Emei Township is
located at the South side of Hsinchu County which East side
is connected with Beipu Township and North side is adjoined
with Baoshan Township. The border of Emei is adjacent with Miaoli
County, Sanwan Township, and Nanzhuang Township. Emei is one
of the towns that is mainly surrounding by hills and mountains.
The area of Emei is about 4680.10 hectare and it has covered
3.2% of the Hsinchu County.
Emei Township was originally named Yuemei, it was named by
the curved crescent moon shape of the Emei stream. In 1920,
the governor had officially changed the name of “Yuemei” to
“Emei”. Emei Township has not been develop until year 1834,
Si Ye Li had ordered Xiu Luan Jiang to build 15 E lou in QianNan,
and hired guarders to patrolling the area, they had also built
“Jin Guang Fu” with Min Nan businessman and started to develop
the areas such as Beipu, Emei, Baoshan. Jin Guang Fu had finally
came to form after a succession of hard works, it is then becomes
the center of Taiwan Administrative System.